YOU HAVE AN OPEN INVITATION TO VISIT, TO WORSHIP,
AND TO GROW WITH US IN THE LOVE OF CHRIST.
Since its doors opened over 50 years ago, St. Mark United Methodist Church has been comprised of a congregation of warm, accepting people eager to serve the Anniston community and beyond. There are numerous ways for you to worship, fellowship and serve with us. It is our wish that you become a part of our church family. Welcome!
9:00 am - Contemporary Service
9:50 am - Prayer Team Meeting
10:00 am - Sunday School Classes
11:00 am - Traditional Service
- Join us for Morning Prayer every Wednesday at 8:30 am via Youtube.
- Attend the Weekly Bible Study taught by Richard Hodges every Monday morning at 10am in the Fellowship Hall.
All worship services are currently taking place in person. Facemasks are encouraged, especially if you have a cold or flu-like symptoms. The nursery has been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19. If you've been exposed to Covid in the last 14 days, please watch via our media channel until you receive a negative test.
Latest News from St Mark UMC
- There was a lot of hustle and bustle going on the weekend of April 9-10 at St Mark! The United Methodist Men's Club (with a little help from volunteers from the United Methodist Women's Club) successfully hosted it's annual Pancake Breakfast Saturday morning, with a great turnout of congregants, visitors from the community, as well as the Rainbow Omega group. Many thanks to all the volunteers that helped make this event a success.
- Both Saturday and Sunday nights, the St Mark Choir, under the direction of Rev. Tony Wood, performed the Easter Cantata, which was a blessing not only to those that attended the performance, but also to the choir members who love the opportunity to use their voices to honor God in song at this special time of the year.
- St. Mark will be experiencing a pastor change effective July 1 of this year. We wish and pray for the continued success of Pastor Joshua and his family in their new assignment. Our new pastor will be Jeff Ponder-Twardy, who is currently serving as pastor at Lincoln UMC. Pastor Jeff is a graduate of Towson University in Baltimore and a graduate of Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington D. C. It's there that he met his wife April Ponder, who is from Weaver, AL. They have two adult children and they plan to live in the parsonage.
St Mark UMC has a very active YouTube channel. Please click on the icon to visit our page, subscribe, and watch or listen to past sermons and morning prayer times.